Sorting mail according to destination and type, such as returned letters, adjustments, bills, orders and payments.
- Readdressing undeliverable mail bearing incomplete or incorrect address.
- Stamping outgoing mail by hand or postage meter.
- Distributing and collected mail.
- Weighing mail to determine that postage was correct.
- Addressing mail, using addressing machine.
- Stamping, tagged and labeled printed matter according to mailing lists and dispatching orders, using stencils and stamping machine.
- Mailing and dispatched newspapers, periodicals, envelopes, cartons and other bulk printed matter.
- Delivering mail to residences and business establishments along route.
- Completing delivery forms, collected charges and obtained signature on receipts for delivery of specifying types of mail.
- Answering questions by phone pertaining to mail regulations and procedures.