Mail Clerk Cover Letter
Mail Clerks are mainly responsible for mail sorting duties. These professionals are employed by private organizations or government offices. Common work duties of a Mail Clerk are receiving mail, loading mail on delivery carts, maintaining mail records, distributing mail to recipients, maintaining inventories, performing data entry activities, helping with payroll checking, delivering outgoing mail to couriers or to the post office, labeling packages, ordering mailroom supplies, and redirecting misaddressed items.
A successful candidate for a Mail Clerk job should be able to demonstrate the following skills and qualifications throughout their cover letters:
- Organizational skills
- Attention to details and accuracy
- A meticulous approach to work
- Effective communication
- Good interpersonal skills
- Computer competences
- Time management and multitasking
Beneath is displayed a sample cover letter demonstrating comparable job experience required to Mail Clerks.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Mail Clerk Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Olvera:
Upon learning of your posting for a Mail Clerk, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As an organized and self-motivated professional prepared to excel in providing key mail/correspondence support to Pelican Media, I am prepared to strongly contribute to your objectives in this position.
My background in fast-paced, detail-oriented mailroom environments has positioned me to excel in this role. With a talent for receiving, sorting, and delivering a variety of incoming mail, along with my excellent oral and written communication skills, I offer you dedication to your organization’s mission as well as a commitment to driving your success through comprehensive mailroom support.
My relevant experience includes…
- Supporting the company-wide mailroom for a large telecommunications company; sorting mail, disposing of junk mailings, opening envelopes, organizing outgoing mail, weighing mail to determine correct postage, and arranging for timely mail pickup.
- Facilitating special mailing projects—including mass marketing pieces, quarterly brochures, newsletters, and fundraising solicitations—in conjunction with mailroom supervisor.
- Using my excellent interpersonal skills to foster personable relationships with personnel across company departments.
- Earning recognition as “Employee of the Month” on three separate occasions for outstanding performance and work ethic.
- Excelling at balancing multiple tasks while providing first-rate organization, prioritization, and communication skills.
My abilities in mailroom coordination and administration are strong, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Christopher E. Salazar