Courier Cover Letter
Couriers usually work for delivery companies and are in charge for handing in documents and items to customers. This job is suitable for candidates who can deliver items in a timely and safe manner. Work activities a Courier should expect to complete include: taking assignments from dispatchers, collecting documents and packages, processing payments, obtaining signatures from customers, loading and unloading items, reporting to the main office, and updating delivery records.
A well-written cover letter sample for Courier should focus on the following job qualifications:
- Good communication skills
- Safe driving abilities
- Knowledge of traffic patterns and sense of direction
- Time management and punctuality
- Integrity and reliability
- Good numeracy skills
- Customer service orientation
- Computer literacy
Relevant Courier skills and experience are presented in the example cover letter below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Courier Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. Jiminez:
When I learned of Stokker’s need for a reliable Courier to join its team, I was eager to send along my enclosed resume for your consideration. I am poised to leverage my communication skills, my superior work ethic, and my flawless driving record to make an immediate and positive contribution to Stokker in this role.
With a dedication to excellence and a commitment to providing outstanding customer experiences, I bring to the table the ability to excel in providing top-notch customer service and maximum satisfaction. My proven success excelling within both independent and team settings—along with my excellent problem-solving skills—prepares me to make a significant impact on your organization. Additionally, I possess a flawless driving record, exceptional multitasking skills, and the physical stamina necessary to keep up with the demands of this fast-paced position.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Excelling in my most recent role as a Courier with Samuel’s Packaging Solutions, accurately and expediently delivering documents and goods between multiple locations while loading/unloading items, coordinating mail, and updating delivery records.
- Possessing expertise in Madison’s streets, arterials, and various neighborhoods, as well as a solid knowledge of traffic laws and regulations and a valid driver’s license.
- Maximizing efficiency through strategic travel routing, item sorting, and document updates.
- Unfailingly performing all job responsibilities in a safe, polite, and professional manner.
- Excelling within fast-paced atmospheres while ensuring accurate completion of necessary tasks.
With my inherent interpersonal and organizational skills, coupled with my excellent driving record, I am ready to provide outstanding courier service for Stokker. I look forward to discussing the position with you in further detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Virgie P. Diaz