Messenger Cover Letter
Messengers are tasked with delivering goods—usually important documents, packages, or other materials—from one business to another in an efficient and professional manner. The ability to maintain confidentiality, a focus on timeliness and accuracy, and a safe driving record are all requirements for this position. Other routine functions a Messenger performs include keeping logs and providing superior customer service.
Cover letters for this role often mention the following:
- Parcel delivery and receipt
- Delivery log maintenance
- Ability to travel
- Flexible schedule and reliable work ethic
- Deadline adherence
- Document confidentiality
- Customer service
Below, please find a sample cover letter including comparable skills and experience.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. Benton:
When I learned of your search for a Messenger, I quickly decided to send along my resume for your review. With my background in small package deliveries, combined with my excellent communication and organization abilities and my flexible work schedule, I feel confident that I would significantly benefit your company.
From transporting packages/mail and maintaining logs to ensuring timely pick-up/delivery and interfacing professionally and courteously with customers, my background has prepared me to excel in this capacity. With extensive experience in business package and mail deliveries, my time management skills — along with my unwavering focus on customer service excellence — position me ready to thrive in this role.
Highlights of my background include the following:
- Excelling as a driver and messenger for Windward Advertising & Public Relations, delivering confidential and time-sensitive packages and mail to clients, agencies, and other relevant entities.
- Keeping a steadfast commitment to safe driving and package security to ensure uninterrupted customer service and on-time, accurate deliveries of up to 100 parcels a week.
- Completing Van Driver Training through ADEPT in March 2015.
- Leveraging superior interpersonal and organizational skills to optimize service levels and overall efficiency.
With my experience and knowledge in small package deliveries, coupled with my enthusiasm and dedication to achieving success, I believe I could quickly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing this position in more detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Louisa H. Snyder