Labor Relations Specialist
Analyzed complex labor relations problems associated with local implementation, negotiations, and contract administration; developed data and supporting materials for use in grievance and arbitration cases and local negotiations.
- Represented the Postal Service in arbitration and EEO hearings, and Merit System Protection Board cases.
- Provided advice, counsel, and assistance to local processing and distribution, customer services, and post office managers on labor relations issues and procedures affecting employees covered by labor agreements, including the negotiation of local memorandums of understanding, explaining provision of labor agreements, and making settlements on grievances.
- Conducted audits of labor relations policies and procedures to ensure consistency in application.
- Developed and presented formal and informal training programs regarding labor agreement interpretation and applicability, including grievance and disciplinary procedures, local negotiations, human relations, and union/management relations.
- Provided program oversight and technical advice and guidance to other employees regarding EEO policies, processes, procedures, and systems.