A $140M international specialty retailer supporting over 75 cultural-attraction partners in North America and Europe. Partnerships included The American Natural History Museum, The Alamo, and The Smithsonian. Reporting to the CEO, directed the IT, business systems, ecommerce, operations, and cross-functional ERP implementation teams to delight internal customers, cultural partners, and consumers.
- Managed the needs assessment, solution options identification, consensus building and selection process, project planning, software negotiations, software development, team-building, and rapid project implementation of a global ERP and Point-of-Sale system solution (MS Dynamics NAV/ LS Retail) – live end-to-end in 10 months;
- Identified development partner, negotiated project, built the team, and led the outsourced transition of 50+ web sites to a new common platform – significantly improved customer confidence and experience reducing cart abandonment by 50%;
- Designed and led the development and implementation of a business intelligence OLAP solution with multiple data cubes providing near real-time analysis and reporting of sales and inventory to the retail planning and operations team;
- Remediated legacy retail store operations PCI non-compliance infrastructure with key partners and created the long-term corporate-wide infrastructure resolution plan;
- Led the negotiation and remediation of a $1.6M BSA legacy software infringement claim, eventually resolving the issue without penalty and with less than $20K in legal fees;
- Renegotiated freight terms for the direct-to-store parcel supply-chain resulting in $150K annual savings.