Restaurant Server Cover Letter
Restaurant Servers are responsible for ensuring a pleasant dining experience for patrons. These employees are usually provided on-the-job training and may be required to have a food handler permit. Typical work activities of a Restaurant Server include: greeting clients, taking orders, recommending specials, answering to client inquiries, processing payment, setting and cleaning tables, and identifying special dietary needs. Another important duty is following alcohol beverage control policies.
Based on our selection of cover letter samples for Restaurant Server, essential qualifications for the job are:
- Serving skills
- Customer service orientation
- Selling abilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Stamina and a good energy level
- Good numeracy skills
- A professional and well-groomed appearance
- Computer literacy
The cover letter for Restaurant Server presented below informs candidates for the job on essential skills and requirements.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Restaurant Server Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Morgan:
When I learned of your search for an experienced Restaurant Server, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As an enthusiastic and customer-oriented professional with more than six years of serving experience, I have much to offer your restaurant in this position.
From taking customer orders and providing menu recommendations to bussing tables and ensuring timely food and drink delivery, my experience has prepared me to excel in this role. For the past six years I have provided excellent customer service as a server at Patrick’s Oyster Bar, providing food and beverages to guests in a high-volume, fast-paced environment. My additional strengths in communication, organization, collaboration, and team leadership position me to thrive in this customer-facing position.
Highlights of my background include:
- Receiving ongoing commendation from restaurant customers, peers, and management for exceptional levels of guest service and satisfaction; earning multiple Employee of the Month awards in 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 (14 in total).
- Building and maintaining friendly and engaging relationships with long-standing regular customers while ensuring top-notch levels of customer satisfaction to encourage repeat and referral business and drive revenue growth.
- Facilitating special banquets, catering requests, and other events for up to 175 guests.
With my excellent serving experience, coupled with my enthusiasm and dedication to ensuring optimal dining experiences, I am confident that I would quickly exceed your expectations for this role.
I look forward to discussing the position in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Linda M. Alford