Coffee Barista Cover Letter
Coffee baristas prepare and serve basic and more complicated coffee drinks and food products as efficiently as possible in order to maximize customer satisfaction and loyalty. Typical work tasks include brewing coffee and espresso, preparing snack and menu items, processing payments, cleaning and sanitizing equipment, and tracking inventories. A flexible nature and the ability to seamlessly modify food orders in accordance with customer preferences and requests is essential to success as a barista, as are excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Cover letters for this role often mention the following:
- Coffee drink preparation and sales
- Brewing and grinding coffee
- Register operations and transactions
- Equipment and premises cleaning
- Trash removal and dish washing
- Order taking and modification
- Customer service excellence
- Brand marketing and loyalty
- Customer engagement strategies
- Employee training and mentoring
Please find a sample cover letter for a coffee barista below including comparable skills and experience.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. Edwards:
Upon discovering your posting for a coffee barista to join your team at Mountainside Brew, I eagerly decided to submit my resume for your review. As a self-motivated and service-oriented barista with three years of strong experience, I am prepared to significantly contribute to your establishment’s goals in this role.
My background includes preparing and selling coffee beverages, pastries, and other menu items while modifying orders to customers’ individualized preferences and requests. From training and mentoring new employees to maintaining inventories, I excel at performing a full range of operational and customer service responsibilities to stimulate maximum levels of customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Highlights of my experience include:
- Providing high-quality, friendly, and professional service to patrons of the Wake-Up Station for the past three years, taking orders and preparing food and drinks in accordance with customer specifications and preferences
- Earning distinction as “Barista of the Month” for three consecutive months due to outstanding performance and customer commendation
- Running register operations and processing cash and credit card transactions efficiently and accurately
- Introducing customer marketing and engagement techniques – such as trivia questions, loyalty stamp cards, and promotional products – to increase business and profits
- Tackling behind-the-scenes tasks such as cleaning brewing and grinding equipment, rinsing coffee pots, tracking inventory and supplies, washing dishes, cleaning tables and floors, and removing trash and recycling
- Demonstrating solid time management, communication, and multitasking skills to excel within fast-paced, customer-facing environments
My skills in food and beverage preparation within a busy cafe have been finely honed, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to Mountainside Brew. The opportunity to offer more information on my qualifications would be appreciated.
Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Jennifer J. Crawford