Banquet Server Cover Letter
Banquet Servers are in charge for serving patrons at dinners and events. This job is suitable for someone who can stand and walk for hours and who can accommodate guess in a polite and effective manner. Typical work activities of a Banquet Server include greeting and accommodating guests, responding to guest requirements, arranging tables, organizing buffets, following hygiene and safety regulations, bringing dishes at the table, maintaining the banquet area clean and organized, and resetting the banquet room when the event is ready.
Essential job requirements for a Banquet Server, based on our collection of cover letter samples, are the following:
- Stamina and physical fitness
- Dexterity and being able to carry weights
- A polite and friendly manner
- Attention to details
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Time management and being able to work under pressure
Similar job skills and abilities can be seen in the example cover letter displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Banquet Server Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Powell:
Upon review of your posting for a Banquet Server at The Palmer Club, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your consideration. As a courteous and organized professional with more than four years of experience serving food and beverages to guests at large-scale functions and events, I have much to offer your establishment in this position.
From decorating tables and greeting and seating guests to refilling glasses and clearing plates in preparation for the next course, my experience has prepared me to excel as your new Banquet Server. For the past four years I have provided excellent customer service as a server at The Presidio Hotel, performing a full range of preparatory tasks and providing food and beverage services to guests at events such as weddings, conferences, conventions, meetings, and private parties. My additional strengths in communication, organization, and team leadership position me to thrive in this customer-oriented position at The Palmer Club.
Highlights of my background include:
- Ensuring an optimal dining experience for up to 400 event guests while consistently maintaining core values focused on customer satisfaction; working collaboratively with peers and management to ensure top-notch levels of customer service.
- Steadfastly adhering to event directions, programs, and itineraries while complying with client requests and allowing for flexibility throughout the event.
- Managing and delegating tasks to banquet staff following promotion to leadership role at The Presidio Hotel.
- Demonstrating outstanding interpersonal, time management, and problem solving talents.
With my excellent serving experience, coupled with my enthusiasm and dedication to ensuring optimal guest experiences, I could swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration, and I hope to hear from you soon.
Karla T. Aguilar