Bar Manager Cover Letter
Bar Managers are responsible for ensuring good quality services for bar customers so they keep buying drinks. Main responsibilities of a Bar Manager are managing stocks levels and making sure there is plenty of staff available behind the bar. Other duties for this job include recruiting and training employees, adhering to licensing legislation, coordinating kitchen staff, enforcing safety rules, keeping drinks in good condition, and handling difficult customers.
A well-written cover letter for Bar Manager should focus on the following skills and abilities:
- Managerial skills
- Inventory control
- Coaching and training skills
- Problem-solving orientation
- Attention to details
- Computer literacy
- Time management
- Good numeracy skills
- The ability to motivate employees
Beneath is displayed a Bar Manager example cover letter mentioning relevant qualifications for the job.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Bar Manager Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Graham:
If you are seeking a customer-oriented, organized leader with 8+ years of experience in managing bar operations and staff to join your team at Uptown Grill as your next Bar Manager, you are certain to find my enclosed resume of interest. With my commitment to effective team leadership and outstanding customer service, I would significantly benefit your establishment in this role.
My experience in preparing cocktails, beer, wine, and spirits for upscale clientele has prepared me to excel in this position. With my proven ability to lead and supervise professional and knowledgeable bartenders, coupled with my talent for developing and updating sophisticated bar menus to capture customer interest and drive sales, my additional strengths in communication and multitasking position me to thrive in this challenging leadership role.
Highlights of my background include:
- Excelling as the Bar Manager for the Black Cat Restaurant in Portland for the past eight years, ensuring compliance with safety and health regulations while scheduling work shifts, performing inventory control, and managing up to 6 employees at any given time.
- Achieving higher bar ticket averages by effectively training and developing bartenders on strategic up-selling techniques.
- Leveraging keen knowledge of optimal wine and food pairings to provide customer drink recommendations and achieve superior customer feedback.
- Demonstrating motivational team building abilities, superior management talents, and exceptional communication skills; training and mentoring new hires in bar operations and customer service techniques.
- Providing guests with professional and personable service, exceptional food and beverage quality, and an attractive and well-maintained environment.
With my previous bar management experience, coupled with my enthusiasm and my outgoing demeanor, I could swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Jamie E. Simeon