Billing Clerk Cover Letter
Billing Clerks work in the finance field and are mainly responsible for issuing invoices to customers and maintaining customer files. Principal responsibilities include preparing monthly customer statements, processing credit memos, issuing customer account statements, receiving payments through various methods, answering customer questions, reporting to the upper management, entering invoices into customer invoicing websites, and updating their job knowledge.
Successful Billing Clerk example cover letters focus on the following job assets:
- Accounting experience
- Detail orientation
- Time management and being able to work under pressure
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Strong math skills
- Organization and planning
- Computer competences and knowledge of relevant software
Just below is displayed a cover letter sample for Billing Clerk highlighting comparable skills and abilities.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Billing Clerk Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Ms. Latta:
When I read your posting for a Billing Clerk, I was excited to submit my resume for your review. With six years of experience in accounts receivable and collections—along with my proven skills in time management, communication, and leadership—I feel confident that I would significantly benefit Plymouth Waterworks in this role.
My background includes solid experience sending customer invoices, processing payments, identifying past-due accounts, and resolving general billing issues and concerns while ensuring a superior level of customer service. With a strong foundation in customer account review and collection, my problem-solving and interpersonal talents will enable me to excel as your next Billing Clerk.
Highlights of my background include:
- Ensuring billing operational efficiency and accuracy as a Billing Clerk for the City of Birmingham’s Water Department, skillfully analyzing and handling invoices, payments, and financial records while responding to and quickly resolving customer billing inquiries.
- Placing collection calls when necessary to customers with open balances, focusing on past-due account payments.
- Receiving and processing incoming cash and check payments and ensuring meticulous and accurate documentation in customer payment records.
- Communicating directly and courteously with customers to review and verify billing data and facilitate timely payments.
- Leveraging my superior analytical, interpersonal, and organization skills to achieve outstanding results.
With my strong experience in accounts receivable and collections, coupled with keen financial acumen and dedication to customer service excellence, I am confident that I could quickly exceed your expectations. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Renee C. McClain