Accounts Payable Manager Cover Letter
Accounts payable managers oversee junior staff in performing comprehensive accounts payable responsibilities, including tasks such as analyzing financial and account information, monitoring purchase ledgers, and ensuring timely payment of invoices. A dedication to efficiency, the ability to meet enforced deadlines, and meticulous attention to detail are all assets that are highly desirable for this position. In addition, excellent organization, time management, and leadership skills are also beneficial.
Cover letters for this role often mention the following:
- Purchase ledger tracking
- Invoice payments
- Meeting payment deadlines
- Policy compliance
- Account reconciliation
- Team building and leadership
- Staff training and management
- Accounting procedures
- Cost containment and reduction
- Project life cycle management
- Process improvement
A sample cover letter for an accounts payable manager follows below noting relevant skills, qualifications, and experience.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Avery:
When I learned of Meyerson Capital’s need for a seasoned accounts payable manager to join its financial team, I felt compelled to submit the enclosed resume. As an experienced accounts payable specialist with 11 years of experience performing comprehensive accounts payable and general accounting responsibilities, I am well positioned to exceed your expectations for this role.
From analyzing accounts and managing invoice payments to ensuring compliance with policies and reducing corporate costs, I excel in strategically leading all business aspects of accounts payable operations. My demonstrated success in motivating teams to top performance levels – along with my proficiency in various accounting software programs – prepares me to make a significant impact on your organization.
Consider the following highlights of my experience:
- Accurately and expeditiously managing account reconciliation, vendor relations, cash-flow management, accounting procedures, cost reduction, and customer communication functions for the past 11 years at Briggerton Financial Services
- Ensuring strict account accuracy as well as full adherence to accounts payable policies and procedures
- Managing a range of special projects from start to finish to reduce costs and improve productivity and efficiency
- Coaching and supervising employees and prioritizing workloads to meet organizational and project goals
- Excelling within time-sensitive, fast-paced atmospheres while resolving issues and encouraging teams to achieve defined objectives
With my experience in leading accounts payable operations, combined with my inherent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, I am ready to provide outstanding accounting service within your company. I look forward to discussing the position with you in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Christopher C. Webb