Accounts Payable Clerk Cover Letter
Accounts Payables are in charge for processing invoices received for payment. Employers look for candidates with knowledge of accounting principles and excellent general math skills. Typical job duties of an Accounts Payable include managing the payment cycle, monitoring payments and expenditures, adhering to financial policies, matching invoices and receipts, compiling reports, finding ways to improve payment processes, and maintaining organization information confidential.
Based on our collection of cover letter samples for Accounts Payables, essential skills include:
- Bookkeeping and accounting skills
- Strong numeracy skills
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of relevant software
- Effective communication
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Customer service orientation
- Data entry skills
Below is provided an example cover letter highlighting comparable Accounts Payable abilities.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Accounts Payable Clerk Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Ms. Nieves:
When I learned of Heckelbeck Consulting’s need for an analytical and detail-oriented Accounts Payable Clerk to join its finance team, I felt compelled to submit the enclosed resume. As a results-oriented professional with comprehensive experience performing a range of accounts payable responsibilities, I am well positioned to exceed your expectations for this role.
From processing vendor invoices and managing timely invoice payments to administering budgets and reducing corporate costs, I excel in leading all business aspects of accounts payable operations. My demonstrated success in collaborating with cross-functional teams and external vendors / suppliers—as well as my excellent communication and organization skills—prepares me to make a significant impact on your organization.
Consider the following highlights of my experience:
- Expeditiously and adeptly handling accounts payable tasks as an Accounts Payable Specialist for MainStreet Marketing, including account reconciliation, vendor relations, invoice tracking and payments, reporting, data analysis, cost reduction, and vendor communications.
- Processing invoices, manual check requests, and employee expense reports on a bi-weekly basis.
- Facilitating comprehensive audits, assisting staff in locating and compiling information for both federal and state auditors.
- Managing a range of special projects to reduce costs and elevate productivity and efficiency.
- Excelling within time-sensitive, fast-paced atmospheres while resolving issues and encouraging teams to achieve defined objectives.
With my experience in performing various aspects of accounts payable operations, combined with my inherent interpersonal and problem-solving talents, I am ready to provide outstanding accounting service within your company. I look forward to discussing the position with you in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration, and I hope to hear from you soon.
William K. Baker