Test Engineer Cover Letter
Test Engineers are the professionals responsible for creating and implementing test procedures that ensure products meet quality standards. Standard work activities include reading test schedules and equipment schematics, diagnosing which components of a product need to be tested, crafting tests based on analysis, recording and analyzing test results and presenting test results to project stakeholders.
Most Test Engineer cover letters feature the skills and qualifications listed below.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Proficiency in environmental test screen, run-in and burn-in testing strategies
- Proficiency in AOI, AXI, BST and FPT testing processes
- Proficiency in CAD software
- Intermediate computer skills
- Complex problem solving skills
- Analytical skills
- Presentation skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
The sample Test Engineer cover letter below highlights most of these skills and qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Test Engineer Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Peterson,
I am writing you to apply for the position of Test Engineer. My educational background in Engineering and two years of experience as a Test Engineer for Bryant Industries makes me a good fit for your organization.
My professional experience includes devising and conducting system tests using AOI, AXI, BST and FPT testing. It also includes analyzing test results and using said results to help decision makers make informed decisions. I’d love to the opportunity to use the skills I’ve learned to help Swank Engineering succeed.
Below are some of my skills and accomplishments:
- Earned a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from Baylor University
- Conducted AOI, AXI and BST tests on a regular basis
- Developed testing SOPs based on specific system components
- Analyzed test results to increase system efficiency
- Presented test result analysis to key decision makers on a regular basis
My passion for writing and comfort with public speaking are two soft skills that I think separate me from my competition. If you’re interested in setting up an interview, please give me a call at your earliest convenience.
Roy C. Taylor