CTO Cover Letter
The CTO (Chief Technology Officer) is responsible for overseeing all of the tech-related operations within a company, as well as all of a company’s IT employees. Common work activities include developing strategic goals for technology departments, overseeing the day-to-day operations of the IT department, communicating with other executives regarding technology goals, leading research on the latest industry-specific technology and providing leadership and guidance to IT employees and managers.
Below are some of the skills and qualifications required to get an interview for the role of Chief Technology Officer.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in information technology or a related field
- 15 years of IT experience
- 7 years of IT management experience
- Leadership skills
- Negotiation skills
- Strategic vision
- Presentation skills
- Conflict management skills
- Decision making skills
The Chief Technology Officer sample cover letter below highlights some of these skills and qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive CTO Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Gragg,
I am writing to schedule an interview for the position of Chief Technology Officer. I have 20 years of IT experience and 7 years experience as a Senior IT executive for Rise Technologies. I think my IT acumen and leadership skills make me a great candidate for your organization.
My professional experience includes 20 years of working every job in the IT department before serving 7 years as Chief Technology Officer at Timestamp Technologies. I think the skills I’ve acquired through this experience make me a perfect candidate to lead the technology department of Torpedo Technologies.
Below are my most relevant skills and accomplishments:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology from Duke University
- Created and Executed strategic vision for IT department of Timestamp Technologies
- Cut IT expenses by 7% through vendor re-negotiation
- Presented keynote speech at ITCon on data management in 2015
- Led IT department of 27 employees
- Recruited and retained top IT employees from competitors
I pride myself on my leadership ability and strategic vision. I take the leadership aspect of my role quite seriously, and I think this is why I’d be a great fit at Torpedo Technologies. If you would like to schedule an interview, then please contact me at your earliest convenience.
Glenn B. Burford