Engineering Intern Cover Letter
Engineering Interns are entry-level employees, often students, who assist engineering teams to gain hands-on experience in their profession. Essential job duties of an Engineering Intern are helping to develop hardware, running tests, ensuring system safety, assisting with launch operations, completing data analysis, completing tasks as assigned by engineers, taking corrective action in case of non-compliance, following work instructions, liaising with suppliers, and observing engineering operations.
A successful cover letter sample for Engineering Intern should focus on skills and qualifications like:
- Engineering expertise
- Being able to follow verbal and written instructions
- An interest in learning new things
- Knowledge of safety standards
- Computer competences
- Availability for work in shifts
- A good academic record
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Effective communication
Below is displayed a cover letter sample for Engineering Intern demonstrating similar abilities and qualities.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Engineering Intern Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Herrera:
I am sending you the enclosed resume in response to learning of your search for an Engineering Intern. With my avid interest and ongoing education in civil engineering, as well as my skills in team collaboration and project support, I feel confident that I would significantly benefit your organization in this capacity.
My hands-on practicum experience coupled with the growing knowledge base I am amassing during my education at Wyoming State University prepares me to make a solid contribution in an internship position. With a solid foundation in the basics of civil engineering—including urban and regional studies and strategic planning—I am more than prepared to put my knowledge and abilities to work for you, while also gaining immeasurable experience and transferable skills to enable me to advance in my career pursuits. Furthermore, my organizational, communication, and leadership abilities position me ready to thrive in this challenging field.
Highlights of my background include…
- Preparing to achieve a BS degree in Civil Engineering from Wyoming State University, performing in-depth research, designing engineering project plans and strategies, writing detailed reports, and delivering formal presentations—all while demonstrating a consistently superior academic record.
- Completing an internship with the City of Jackson Hole, studying, dismantling, and ultimately working to improve KVA diesel generators within city buildings.
- Observing and analyzing staff throughout my internship to learn more about the time and motion requirements of job responsibilities.
- Participating in team-oriented projects and leading peers to project success while also excelling within more independent roles.
- Demonstrating a keen willingness to learn, an adaptable and flexible work ethic, the ability to accurately follow instructions, and a sharp technical aptitude.
With my previous excellent academic-based and internship experience, coupled with my enthusiasm and dedication to achieving success, I believe I could swiftly exceed your expectations as your next Engineering Intern. I look forward to discussing this opportunity in detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Kenneth W. Mullins