Biomedical Engineer Cover Letter
Biomedical Engineers use their skills in engineering and innovation to design, implement, update, maintain and repair biomedical equipment. Key responsibilities of Biomedical Engineers include evaluating the safety and efficiency of various pieces of equipment, designing new biomedical systems and products, providing technical support for biomedical equipment, working with other medical professionals to research and design systems and products and training personnel to use biomedical equipment properly.
Our collection of sample resumes for Biomedical Engineers generally include these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in biomedical engineering
- Completion of an internship with a hospital, healthcare company, medical supply manufacturer or other relevant organization
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in advanced mathematics such as calculus
- Strong research skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Exceptional design and engineering skills
The following cover letter exemplifies comparable skills and qualifications:
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Biomedical Engineer Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Hobart,
I am submitting my resume for the position of Biomedical Engineer. With a bachelor’s degree in biomedical engineering from one of the country’s top biomedical engineering programs, two years of experience gained through a rigorous internship, excellent analytical, design, and engineering skills and a knack for working with cross-functional teams, I believe I’d be a valuable asset to HeartTech.
My professional experience includes maintaining, updating and repairing biomedical equipment, designing new and groundbreaking biomedical equipment, train medical personnel to properly use biomedical equipment and working with scientists, healthcare professionals and fellow engineers to design and realize the best possible products. Over the course of my career, I have learned that being able to communicate and truly understand the needs of patients is just as important to success in the field of biomedical engineering as a passion for biology and an analytical mindset.
Here are a few highlights of my qualifications and experience:
- Earned a bachelor’s degree in biomedical engineering from the University of California, San Diego
- Completed a 2-year internship at Spitzer Health
- Designed and engineered several cutting-edge pieces of biomedical equipment
- Worked to incorporate the feedback of both patients and industry professionals into the ideation process
- Assisted in the training of dozens of Spitzer Health personnel in the proper use of equipment
- Maintained the equipment of several separate medical facilities
I hope to be able to use my skills and experience to create new and life-saving biomedical equipment as a part of the HeartTech team.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to discussing this position with you further.