General Education Dean and English Professor
Created Service Learning projects across the disciplines. Responsible for schedule development, staffing, monitoring and counseling for undergraduate programs and instructor in English, Math, Science, Social Science, Humanities, and College Skills
- Integrated tutoring approach for math, English, ESOL, biology, microbiology, A & P, economics, finance, accounting, and statistics courses to increase student success and performance.
- Initiated the Teaching and Learning Center for students and faculty tutoring and professional development.
- Increased awareness and use of Student Success Coordinator and Community Wellness Fair
- Managed faculty evaluations and departmental projects. Responsible for 21 adjunct faculty
- Worked closely with the Registrar to improve class offerings, registration, and advising
- Served on various committees including Cross-Functional, Chairs, Crisis Response, and Campus Planning, as well as various high school and alumni recruiting efforts
- Initiated and led faculty development projects
- Served three years on Florida Association of Secondary Schools Curriculum and Continuing Education committee
- Awarded Teacher of Distinction