Head Teacher Cover Letter
Head Teachers oversee curriculum and lesson planning, classroom management, and overall learning experiences in their classrooms, supervising fellow teachers and assistants in creating a positive and healthy learning environment for their students. Comprehensive experience working in teaching leadership roles in school settings is required for this role, as are excellent organization, communication and mentoring skills.
Successful cover letters for Head Teachers often mention skills and experience such as the following:
- Lesson planning/curriculum development
- Assignments and grading
- Classroom and behavior management
- Instructional techniques and strategies
- Parent, student, and staff relationship management
- Teacher mentoring, coaching, and training
- Teacher and student performance evaluation
- Materials and activity preparation
- Individualized student needs assessment
Please find a sample cover letter for Head Teacher below with comparable abilities and qualifications noted.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Head Teacher Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Ms. Lowe:
As a skilled and enthusiastic teacher with comprehensive experience developing lesson plans and curriculum for K-5 and special needs students, it is my pleasure to submit the enclosed resume for your review. My background and passion for education positions me to significantly impact your school in the role of Head Teacher.
Classroom management, personalized learning programs, and innovative educational techniques are just a few of my areas of expertise. By teaching students in a wide range of ages and situations, I have honed my communication, creativity, and motivational skills. My inherent passion for fostering collaborative and exciting educational environments has successfully encouraged and developed productive, thoughtful, and accomplished students. Furthermore, I excel at collaborating with, encouraging, and leading fellow teachers and assistants to ensure outstanding student experiences.
Highlights of my qualifications include:
- Excelling as the Head Teacher at Blossom Elementary School for the past nine years, creating individualized plans and programs to facilitate a targeted, personalized approach to education while stimulating students’ enjoyment and appreciation for learning.
- Using engaging and creative teaching methods and tools—such as story times, discussions, and demonstrations—while adapting materials and instruction to meet students’ evolving needs and interests.
- Mentoring, coaching, and leading junior faculty and assistant teachers, helping them to hone and modify their teaching skills and techniques while simultaneously acclimating them to the school’s culture, practices, and protocol.
- Earning high marks and praise from students, parents, fellow teachers, and school staff for quality classroom teaching and positive relationship management.
- Participating actively on numerous committees and task forces focused on curriculum development, marketing, fundraising, and school community relations.
- Attaining Single Subject, Multiple Subject, CLAD, and CBEST certifications.
With my experience and credentials, I am well prepared to dedicate myself to the highest standards of learning at your school and exceed your expectations as your next Head Teacher. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Annie J. Banks