More Private Tutor Resumes
Use these Private Tutor samples as a guideline or visit our extensive library of customizable resume templates.
More Jobhero Resources
Create your own professional resume in just minutes.
Try our resume builder todayBuild Your Resume
Private Tutor Resume FAQ
How do you describe a private tutor on a resume?
- Resume objective or summary statement: After your name and contact information, this is the first opportunity hiring managers have to learn about your qualifications or motivations. Use this section to highlight academic specialties like earth science, advanced math, elementary tutoring or relevant experience related to a job's requirements.
- Work history: Hiring managers work off one or two pages of information to find the right candidate. Your work history section is your best opportunity to pitch your skills and accomplishments. Focus on data like the number of students you tutored, the percentage of grade improvements or specialized courses.
- Skills: This final section of your resume may be as lightly detailed as a simple list of skills or highly detailed descriptions of various achievements under skill-based clusters.
How do you put private tutor experience on a resume?
We created three resume section examples featuring the same skill set to demonstrate how you can put private tutor experience on your resume.
Resume summary sample:
Effective tutor with over 10 years of experience. Specialize in working with high school and undergraduate college students. Prepare students in advanced mathematics courses related to trigonometry, calculus and statistics.
Work history example:
Private Tutor, Spark Tutoring
May 2021 - present, Monroe, LA
- Offer daily private tutoring for high school students and undergraduate college students.
- Creates supplementary assignments and study guides to help students grasp complicated formulas related to pre-calculus, calculus and statistics.
- Provide additional tutoring to help students prepare for advanced placement courses and exams or college placement exams.
Skills resume sample:
- Preliminary teaching credential
What are the duties of a private tutor?
The duties of a private tutor will vary depending on your employment. Your responsibilities as an independent tutor may differ from a contracted tutor with a nationally recognized tutoring center. However, your daily tasks might include:
- Working with students to improve their knowledge and understanding of certain subjects.
- Preparing lessons and study guides.
- Reviewing and revising homework assignments.
- Creating test prep materials
- Adapting teaching style and materials to meet the unique needs of students.
- Evaluating student progress.