More Volunteer Teacher Resumes
Use these Volunteer Teacher samples as a guideline or visit our extensive library of customizable resume templates.
More Jobhero Resources
Create your own professional resume in just minutes.
Try our resume builder todayBuild Your Resume
Volunteer Teacher Resume FAQ
How do you describe school volunteer work on a resume?
It’s one thing to list that you're a volunteer English teacher, but it’s far more informative to describe the types of courses you teach on your resume. For example, specify if you teach elementary English grammar, English language and comprehension or advanced placement literature course. Try adding the following details to your volunteer resume.
- Language: Secondary language like Spanish, French or Mandarin.
- Mathematics: Specify arithmetic, pre-algebra, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, calculus or statistics knowledge.
- Social studies: Narrow your history expertise to world history, American history or American civics knowledge.
- Science: List the types of science courses you can teach related to biology, environmental life science, chemistry or physics.
- Classroom management: Determine and share the number of students you normally oversee or how detailed your syllabus is.
- Presentation skills: Public speaking, projector troubleshooting, or awareness of presentation software like Microsoft PowerPoint or Google Slides.
What are some volunteer skills to put on a resume?
Consider adding soft skills to your volunteer teaching resume:
- Teamwork: You can feature collaborative efforts with full-time teachers and school tutors to ensure students access a comprehensive learning environment.
- Leadership: Detail how many students you can oversee and educate.
- Planning: Supplemental teaching programs to see how strategic your assignments and syllabuses are.
- Organization: Specify how you assign, accept, grade and distribute assignments to a remote or in-person class.
- Additional resume skills: This master list of the most requested soft, hard and technical skills can transfer to your resume.