Secondary Teacher Cover Letter
Secondary Teachers work with high school students (grades 9 to 12) and are specialized in a particular subject, such as social sciences or English. This job can be very difficult for Secondary Teachers dealing with disruptive students, but it can also be highly rewarding. Typical job responsibilities of a Secondary Teacher include: preparing lessons, teaching concepts, answering to student questions, researching new teaching methods, joining students during trips, assigning homework, grading tests, tracking attendance, and helping students to prepare for exams.
A cover letter sample for Secondary Teacher should demonstrate the following skills and qualifications:
- Instruction skills
- The ability to motivate students
- Classroom control
- Extensive knowledge of their teaching subject
- Supervisory skills
- Stamina and perseverance
- Computer literacy
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
The example cover letter below presents comparable job assets for Secondary Teachers.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Secondary Teacher Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Florence:
As a motivated, student-centric, and highly organized teacher with experience in coordinating civics and history education programs and leveraging outstanding communication skills to achieve success, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume. You will find my dedication and enthusiastic attitude to be of value to your school as your next Secondary Teacher.
My background in developing strategic learning programs to facilitate education and subject comprehension has prepared me to make significant contributions to Theodore Roosevelt High School in this position. As an accomplished civics and history teacher with a solid foundation in assessing needs, customizing programs, and communicating with diverse student populations, I am prepared to excel in stimulating top academic performances from your students while simultaneously encouraging personal and emotional growth.
Highlights of my experience include:
- Instructing classes of up to 80 participants and designing tailored lessons designed to ensure optimal comprehension, subject interest and retention, and appropriate preparation for standardized testing.
- Developing curriculum and lesson plans, adapting materials and instructional methods, assigning homework and exams, and evaluating students’ academic performances to identify areas for further exploration and focus.
- Integrating new technology into class lectures to capture student interest and engagement; using tablets and the Internet to promote research on history and current events.
- Organizing cross-departmental meetings and conferences while maintaining open and steady communications with management, peers, parents, and the larger community.
- Earning a Bachelor of Arts in History from Philadelphia College.
My skills in high school classroom leadership have been finely honed, and I am confident that my ability to quickly connect with students from diverse backgrounds will render me an immediate asset to your teaching staff. It will be a pleasure to offer more insight into my qualifications, and I look forward to meeting with you soon.
Thank you for your consideration.
Alan M. Kent