Early Childhood Educator
Attend and care to children who are, developing typically, with special needs, as well as, medically fragile, in an early childhood setting.
- Assess and create thematic lesson plans that are developmentally appropriate for children of all ages and abilities, each focusing on regulatory/sensory organization, cognitive, language, gross/fine motor, social emotion and self-help.
- Meet with parents on a regular basis to provide updates surrounding progress, as well as obtain and establish new goals.
- Create and maintain a stimulating and motivating learning environment for children.
- Follow specific medical protocols and administer individualized medication.
- Ensure continuity of care by documenting and sharing information pertaining to each child's progress and activities with incoming caregivers.
- React and adapt to an ever-changing work environment.