Product Engineer Cover Letter
Product engineers create and develop functional products for manufacturing companies. Common duties for a product engineer include maintaining their knowledge about current trends and consumer needs, updating existing products, making cost and performance assessments, and designing quality products.
A well-written cover letter should showcase qualifications such as:
- Manufacturing expertise
- Computer proficiency
- Extensive and current industry knowledge
- Attention to detail
- Analytical thinking
- Problem-solving skills
The cover letter below exemplifies how to display similar skills and qualifications.
Dear Mr. Maisel:
I am submitting my resume for the position of product engineer. With a bachelor’s degree in engineering design and more than four years of experience researching and designing various products, I am confident in the abilities I will bring to Trumont Toys.
My professional experience thus far includes working with a team of fellow product engineers to conceptualize and realize various product components, analyzing consumer feedback, developing prototypes, and thoroughly researching and implementing industry breakthroughs. I have been involved in the creation of several popular children’s products. Over the course of my experience, I have learned that in product design, artistic expression is just as important as comprehensive technical knowledge.
The following are some highlights of my qualifications and experience:
- Analyzed and introduced over 50 new products to the product line
- Provided engineering support to sales and customer assistance for over 400 products
- Authorized supplier changes that provided over $1 million in cost savings
- Made multiple improvements to product approval processes to reduce process time
- Assisted supplier quality engineers in finding root causes of quality issues
- Earned a bachelor’s degree in engineering design from Savannah College of Art and Design
My talent and experience make me a great fit for this position, and I hope to have the chance to bring my creativity, drive, and passion to the Trumont Toys team. I appreciate your time and consideration, and I look forward to discussing this position with you further.
Estelle M. Gonzalez