iOS Developer Cover Letter
iOS Developers create applications for Apple devices, such as the iPhone and iPad. Their work activities are similar to general Mobile App Developers, except iOS Develops focus strictly on developing apps for Apple’s iOS operating system. Some typical daily tasks for iOS Developers include developing the UI of apps using Xcode and Objective C programming language, testing app features and addressing bugs, crafting new features and patches based on user feedback, collaborating with other departments and conveying app features and updates to non-technical stakeholders.
Our database of iOS resumes show the following skills and qualifications as highly important.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Expertise in Objective-C and Cocoa Touch
- Proficiency in core iOS Frameworks
- At least one app published on the App Store
- Experience with APIs and third-party libraries
- Analytical skills
- Complex problem solving skills
- Logic and reasoning
- Strong attention to detail
Below is a sample iOS Developer cover letter that highlights some of these qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive iOS Developer Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Baur,
I am writing to schedule an interview for the position of iOS Developer. As someone with four years of experience developing iOS apps using Cocoa Touch and the core iOS frameworks, I think I’d make a great fit for your organization.
My professional experience includes developing iOS apps for clients and completing the various tasks involved with the app development life cycle. I think my professional and educational backgrounds make me an asset to Scratch Mobile Development.
Below are my most important skills and qualifications:
- Earned Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from University of Virginia
- Developed fitness app for client and launched it on iOS app store
- Created app updates regularly based on user feedback
- Successfully pitched app concepts to non-technical decision makers
- Created app testing standard operating procedures
In addition to my expertise in Cocoa Touch and the core iOS frameworks, I have experience working with many third party APIs and libraries. I also have a keen attention to detail and thrive when faced with a challenge. I’d love the opportunity to further discuss how I could be an asset to Scratch Mobile Development. Give me a call if you are interested in scheduling an interview. Thank you in advance for your consideration.
Jose S. Streit