Data Scientist Cover Letter
Data Scientists make meaning out of data. They are trained to use complex mathematical tools to interpret data and present said data to decision makers. Work activities one can expect as a Data Scientist include conducting research, mining data, enhancing data collection procedures, cleaning and verifying the integrity of data, creating data visualization graphs, developing automated data anomaly detectors, building algorithms and using machine learning tools.
Based on our selection of cover letters for Data Scientists, the following skills and competencies are most relevant:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in data science, statistics, or computer science
- Mastery of algorithms and machine learning techniques
- Mastery of applied statistics
- Proficiency in programming
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Proficiency in the most common data science toolkits
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Written and verbal communication skills
Below is an example of a Data Scientist cover letter that displays the above knowledge, skills, and abilities.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Data Scientist Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Dejean,
I am writing you to express my interest in interviewing for the position of Data Scientist. With my Masters degree in Data Science and eight years of experience as a Data Scientist under my belt, I think I can be a great asset to your organization.
My professional experience includes crafting algorithms and making use of machine learning to mine and make sense of data, and then using data visualization to present said data to decision makers. Couple this experience with my passion for data and I think I’d be an excellent fit at Kolt Insights.
The following are my most relevant qualifications and accomplishments.
- Earned Master’s degree in Data Science from Liberty University
- Crafted algorithms using Python to filter data collection results
- Implemented data mining strategies to build a database of meaningful data
- Developed automated anomaly detector to increase efficiency and accuracy
- Created data visualization graphs and charts to make meaning of data for data value chain stakeholders
- Developed and followed standard operating procedure for verifying data integrity
What separates me from other candidates with similar qualifications are my written and verbal communication skills. I love talking about data and thrive on explaining the meaning of data to non-technical stakeholders. If you think I’d be a good fit for Kolt Insights, then I’d be thrilled to set up an interview.
Jessica K. Delgado