Insurance Agent Cover Letter
Insurance Agents sell insurance independently or for an insurance company. These professionals promote different types of products – life, health, and disability insurance. Examples of Insurance Agent duties include maintaining and developing client databases, approaching potential customers, delivering presentations, processing application for coverage, identifying client needs, and explaining types of coverage. Continuous training is recommended for this profession.
Eligible cover letters for Insurance Agent usually highlight the following skills and abilities:
- Excellent selling skills
- Client relationships
- Good math skills
- Good knowledge of products they are selling
- Organization and planning
- Stamina and perseverance
- Attention to details and accuracy
The Insurance Agent sample cover letter below mentions comparable job qualifications and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Insurance Agent Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Ms. Woodall:
Upon learning of your search for a new Insurance Agent to join your team, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. With my robust background in driving sales of diverse types of insurance coverage, I am confident that I would significantly benefit your company.
From identifying prospective customers and defining individualized customer needs to forging beneficial relationships and creating high-impact presentations, my experience has prepared me to excel in this role. With more than 11 years of experience in the intricacies of insurance products, my analytical and time management abilities position me ready to thrive within your firm.
Highlights of my background include:
- Propelling top-level sales of insurance products—including whole life, term life, and renters—and corresponding policyholder services within a challenging market due to persuasive sales techniques; collected monthly premiums in excess of $25,000 per month.
- Penetrating previously untapped markets through superior research talents, customer relationship building, and innovative marketing strategies.
- Analyzing market trends to uncover customer needs, volume potential, price schedules, and discount rates.
- Utilizing organizational, interpersonal, and motivational skills to generate peak results and top performance levels, resulting in maximum customer satisfaction and retention.
With my keen insurance sales insightfulness, coupled with my enthusiasm and dedication to achieving success, I believe I could quickly surpass your expectations. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Marco B. Collins