Fraud Investigator Cover Letter
Fraud Investigators work for public or private organizations and are responsible for identifying suspicious and malevolent actions. Essential work activities of Fraud Investigators are assessing allegations of fraud or abuse, researching documents and evidence, taking part into field assignments, collaborating with law enforcement authorities, managing case load efficiently, compiling reports for the police, adhering to regulations in the field, and liaising with the victims of fraud.
A well-written cover letter example for Fraud Investigator should mention the following skills and qualifications:
- Assertiveness and investigative skills
- Being able to work under pressure
- Negotiation and communication skills
- Attention to details
- Being able to work independently or as part of a team
- Computer proficiency
- Integrity and confidentiality
Below is provided a cover letter sample highlighting comparable Fraud Investigator abilities and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Fraud Investigator Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Schmitt:
When I learned of Pinnacle Financial’s need for an experienced Fraud Investigator, I felt compelled to submit the enclosed resume. As an analytical and focused professional with 15+ years of experience spearheading fraud identification and management, risk assessment, and data / trend analysis, I am well prepared to outperform your expectations for this role.
Throughout my career, I have amassed comprehensive experience in performing top-flight fraud investigations and analysis, leading motivated and productive teams, and generating detailed and accurate reports. My demonstrated success in effectively communicating across cross-functional departments—along with my expertise in developing and leveraging complex Access databases to facilitate fraud research projects and reports—positions me to make a significant impact on your organization.
A few highlights of my experience and qualifications include the following:
- Overseeing comprehensive fraud investigation and case management; identifying cases, recommending courses of action, analyzing high-risk business relationships, and maximizing restitution efforts to achieve multimillion-dollar funding recoveries.
- Leading the investigation team at Breakaway Financial in total cases, transactions, and dollar amount closed in 2013.
- Leveraging expertise in fraud and risk assessment to monitor and analyze data / financial trends and patterns.
- Providing accurate and detailed oversight of fraud and risk analyses while collaborating with multiple teams to enable maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Demonstrating consistently superior leadership, collaboration, and relationship management talents.
- Achieving certification as a Certified Fraud Examiner.
With my expertise in performing all facets of fraud investigation and management, combined with my inherent interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills, I am ready to provide outstanding service within your organization and look forward to discussing the position with you in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Jon A. Binns