Claims Specialist Cover Letter
Claims specialists work in the insurance sector and are responsible for the initial analysis, ongoing review, and eventual approval or denial of claims. Typical work activities include examining claims, collecting and recording client data, communicating with agents and adjusters, and facilitating the timely and accurate processing of approved claims. Superior time management, analytical, problem-solving, and customer service skills are all highly advantageous to success in this role.
Cover letters for claims specialists often mention the following:
- Claims analysis, review, examination, and processing
- Claims approval or denial
- Data compilation and entry
- Research and assessment
- Records management and filing
- Compliance and claim filing procedures
- Customer service and communications
- Team collaboration
- Telephone support and correspondence
- Process improvement
- Problem-solving and issue resolution
Below you will find a sample cover letter for this position including relevant skills and experience.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Jeffery:
Upon review of your posting for a claims specialist, I was eager to submit my resume for your consideration. With comprehensive experience and knowledge in insurance claim analysis, review, and processing – along with my abilities in team collaboration, communication, and leadership – I feel confident that I would significantly benefit Ventura Insurance in this role.
My background includes 14 years of strong experience in the insurance industry, during which I proved myself adept at examining claims, gathering client information, identifying and resolving claim issues, and approving or denying claims based on my findings. With a commitment to ensuring the utmost confidentiality and discretion, my additional abilities in problem-solving and project management position me to thrive as your next claims specialist.
Highlights of my background include:
- Demonstrating expertise in property damage insurance claims, excelling for the past 10 years as a property damage insurance claims specialist with Dakota Insurance Co.; previous experience in life and property damage insurance with Metia Insurance
- Analyzing, recording, and processing more than 550 property damage claims each month with Dakota Insurance Co.
- Slashing backlog days by nearly 70% and facilitating easier tracking of errors by implementing process and system improvements pertaining to claim analysis and processing
- Tracking and monitoring theft histories and recoveries; instrumental in facilitating an average of $1.2M in annual recovery proceeds of stolen equipment
- Assisting insurance agents in various administrative functions, including customer correspondence, mail processing, and customer records management
- Utilizing analytical, interpersonal, organization, and collaboration skills to generate peak results
With my in-depth experience in claims analysis and processing, coupled with my keen business acumen and my dedication to achieving success, I believe I could quickly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Ines Z. Jones