Claims Processor Cover Letter
Claims processors facilitate the timely and accurate processing of insurance claims. Determining whether a claim should be processed or denied is the main responsibility of a claims processor; other typical work tasks include analyzing information, entering data, determining reimbursement amounts, handling payment discrepancies, and generating detailed reports. Strong analytical, organization, and customer service skills are highly beneficial to success in this role.
Cover letters for this position often mention the following:
- Claims approval or denial
- Claims processing and adjustments
- Discrepancy and issue resolution
- Data entry and management
- Patient billing and regulations
- Medical coding
- Insurance processing guidelines
- Customer service and support
- Administrative support
Below please find an example of a cover letter for a claims processor highlighting comparable abilities and experience.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Franklin:
Upon review of your posting for a claims processor, I was eager to submit my resume for your consideration. With comprehensive experience and knowledge in claims processing and insurance reimbursement, along with my abilities in team collaboration, communication, and leadership, I feel confident that I would significantly benefit Dakota Insurance in this role.
My background in analyzing information, reviewing contractual allowances, identifying and resolving claim issues, and entering data has prepared me to excel in this position. With a strong foundation in reimbursement and claims analysis, my problem-solving and customer service abilities position me to thrive as your next claims processor.
Highlights of my background include the following:
- Proven expertise in insurance and patient billing and coding, along with in-depth knowledge of state and federal billing practices and regulations, CPT/HCPCS/ICD-9 and -10 coding, and Managed Care
- Determined claim accuracy, final payment amounts, and claim approval or denial; managed payment discrepancies and complaints and processed claims adjustments when necessary
- Interacted with a variety of healthcare professionals and groups to gather information and facilitate timely claims processing and completion
- Utilized analytical, interpersonal, organization, and collaboration skills to generate peak results and top performance levels
With my in-depth experience in insurance claims processing and medical reimbursement methodologies, coupled with my keen financial acumen and my enthusiasm and dedication to achieving success, I believe I could quickly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Shane F. Smith