Food Service Worker Cover Letter
Food Service Workers are employed by dining establishments to coordinate food preparation and delivery. Aside from restaurants, they are also found in a variety of environments, such as hospitals, hotels, schools, and health care facilities. Typical work activities of a Food Service Worker are preparing food items, making fresh coffee, replenishing supplies, taking food orders, keeping inventories, maintaining cooking equipment, serving drinks, and reporting to managers.
Employers select cover letters emphasizing the following skills and qualifications:
- Food service experience
- Food hygiene knowledge
- Basic cooking skills
- Resilience and stamina
- Attention to safety
- Availability for working in shifts
- Computer literacy
Those interested in a Food Service Worker position can check relevant experience and qualifications in the cover letter sample displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Food Service Worker Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Reese:
When I learned of your search for a Food Service Worker to join your kitchen team at Silverdale Middle School, I hurried to send you the enclosed resume for your consideration. With my previous experience in food preparation and general kitchen assistance, as well as my commitment to ensuring safe and sanitary working conditions, I am confident in my ability to make a positive contribution to your school in this role.
My skill set spans a multitude of areas to comprehensively assist in busy, fast-paced kitchens, from preparing ingredients and storing food to cleaning work stations and maintaining inventories. With more than 11years of experience providing food service support in school cafeterias, my complementary strengths in communication, customer service, and team collaboration are sure to make me a strong asset to your team.
Please consider the following highlights of my experience:
- Performing diverse kitchen tasks—including preparing and serving food items, cleaning and sanitizing equipment, washing dishes, and disposing of waste—as a Food Service Worker for Glenoaks Elementary School.
- Ensuring top-notch hygiene and food safety standards to maintain a clean, sanitary, and compliant school cafeteria.
- Documenting student allergies and/or food sensitivities to drive stringent adherence to dietary restrictions and ensure an unwavering focus on student health and safety.
- Maintaining an open, friendly rapport with chefs, staff, and peers across all work areas.
With my enthusiasm and dedication to achieving success, coupled with my experience and my skill set, I am sure that I would quickly exceed your expectations and make a positive impact on your school cafeteria.
I look forward to discussing this position in further detail. Thank you very much for your consideration.
Erica L. Rivera