Food Server Cover Letter
Food Servers are employed by establishments serving food and complete various tasks to ensure the smooth operation of the place. Examples of Food Server responsibilities include preparing food, collecting payments, serving customers, ordering supplies, handling the cash register, setting tables, preparing food items, and adding accessories such as napkins and condiments to food trays. These employees work on their feet for long periods of time and need to ensure a high standard of customer satisfaction.
Based on our selection of example cover letters, a Food Server should have the following skills:
- Customer service skills
- Stamina and resilience
- Flexibility and being available to work in shifts
- Effective communication
- Knowledge of food hygiene standards
- Computer literacy
- Good numeracy skills
The sample cover letter below displays similar Food Server qualifications and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Food Server Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Halcomb:
When I heard of your need for a new Food Server to join your staff, I hurried to submit my resume for your consideration. As an enthusiastic and customer-driven professional with more than four years of serving experience, I have much to offer your restaurant in this position.
From greeting and seating guests and providing menus to taking customer orders and ensuring timely food and drink delivery to patrons, my background has prepared me to excel in this role. My experience includes serving dining orders to guests in high-volume, fast-paced environments for breakfast, lunch, and dinner services. My additional strengths in communication, organization, and team leadership position me to thrive in this customer-oriented position at Nautical Bar & Grill.
Highlights of my background include:
- Earning praise and recognition from my supervisor at the Clifftop Restaurant for outstanding customer service; receiving Employee of the Month awards in 2013, 2014, and 2015.
- Communicating daily specials to guests and attempting to up-sell food and beverages to propel revenues.
- Working collaboratively with peers and management to ensure top-notch levels of customer satisfaction and encourage repeat and referral business; building and maintaining friendly and engaging relationships with long-standing regular patrons.
- Relaying orders to cooks and bar staff, and ensuring accurate and timely order delivery to tables.
With my excellent serving experience, coupled with my enthusiasm and dedication to ensuring optimal guest experiences, I am confident that I could swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Mary H. McMasters