Food And Beverage Supervisor Cover Letter
A Food and Beverage Supervisor is in charge of all functions related to food planning and delivery for restaurants or other facilities. Responsibilities often held in this role include menu creation, inventory control, employee training and supervision, vendor communications and cost management. A deep knowledge of health and safety regulations is required, as is superior leadership and communication talents.
When writing a cover letter for a Food and Beverage Supervisor, the following types of skills and qualifications can be beneficial to include:
- Food and beverage planning
- Menu pairing/creation
- Special event oversight
- Inventory control/forecasting
- Customer service standards
- SOPs/regulatory compliance
- P&L functions/cost containment
- Staff hiring, training, coaching
- Team leadership
- Scheduling and prioritizing
An example of a cover letter for this position is below, including similar abilities, qualifications and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Food And Beverage Supervisor Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Ms. Hagemann:
When I learned of your search for a new Food and Beverage Supervisor, I hastened to submit my resume for your consideration. As an experienced and solution-focused manager with more than 14 years of experience driving operations and business development within the food and beverage sector, I am prepared to significantly contribute to Flagstaff Country Club’s goals and objectives for this role.
My background includes directing operations, teams, and sales strategies to drive business development and enhance revenue growth for established restaurants and licensed facilities. From overseeing special events and leading highly motivated teams to spearheading staff training initiatives and directing profit and loss responsibilities, I excel at realizing increased revenue streams and providing an exceptional level of customer satisfaction and retention. Furthermore, my flexible work schedule and my expertise in health regulations and food safety are certain to render me an immediate asset to your team.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Directing day-to-day food and beverage operations, project/event management, and staff leadership for highly reputable restaurants and facilities – including the Tidewater Inn, Lakewood Sportsplex, and Broad Mountain Restaurant – to accelerate business success and goal achievement while containing costs.
- Presiding over the creation and delivery of delectable buffets for VIP parties and other special events, serving up to 750+ guests.
- Innovating new menu items and creating tasting panels for senior managers to inform ultimate selections and offerings.
- Supervising up to 170 team members over four shifts; creating and updating schedules, delegating and prioritizing tasks, and training and coaching as needed to ensure top-notch customer satisfaction and retention.
- Achieving consistent recognition for outstanding leadership talents as well as excellent customer service and rates of retention.
- Earning an Associate’s degree in Restaurant Management from the University of Toledo.
My skills in staff and operations management, overall business development, and organizational leadership within the food and beverage sector have been finely honed, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Soledad R. Reynoso