Assistant Manager/ Sales Analyst
Manage day-to-day operations for a grocery retail store generating $2 million in annual sales. Supervise, evaluate, mentor, and train 16 staff members. Accountable for store opening / closing, inventory control, procurement, staff training & development, marketing & sales, employee scheduling, bookkeeping, vendor management, process improvements, back-end systems, and employee / customer relations. Define and align growth strategies to achieve sales targets.
- Boosted sales by working closely with local business leaders to develop and roll out community involvement programs to help market and promote store brand.
- Analyzed operations to evaluate store and staff in meeting objectives, identifying areas of potential cost reduction, business improvement, and/or policy change.
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills by writing various reports and correspondence to store vendors to coordinate sales meetings.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information trends.
- Worked in collaboration with various business partners to track, manage, and present financial reports and weekly sales results to upper management.
- Reduced inventory shrinkage by auditing vendor deliveries / departments for accuracy and ensuring standards were strictly followed for tagging product merchandise.
- Achieved adequate coverage and service levels by establishing and maintaining work schedules / flows, while adhering to weekly sales and budgetary requirements.