As a Claims Specialist, my job is reviewing insurance claims after they are submitted to make sure that proper filing procedures have been followed. I also assist insurance adjusters with complicated or unusual claims.
- Determines covered medical insurance losses by studying provisions of policy or certificate.
- Establishes proof of loss by studying medical documentation; assembling additional information as required from outside sources, including claimant, physician, employer, hospital, and other insurance companies; initiating or conducting investigation of questionable claims.
- Documents medical claims actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Resolves medical claims by approving or denying documentation; calculating benefit due; initiating payment or composing denial letter.
- Ensures legal compliance by following company policies, procedures, guidelines, as well as state and federal insurance regulations.