Monitor food distribution, ensuring that meals are delivered to the correct recipients and that guidelines, such as those for special diets, are followed.
- Clean or sterilize dishes, kitchen utensils, equipment, or facilities.
- Examine trays to ensure that they contain required items.
- Place food servings on plates or trays according to orders or instructions.
- Load trays with accessories such as eating utensils, napkins, or condiments.
- Take food orders and relay orders to kitchens or serving counters so they can be filled.
- Stock service stations with items such as ice, napkins, or straws.
- Remove trays and stack dishes for return to kitchen after meals are finished.
- Prepare food items, such as sandwiches, salads, soups, or beverages.
- Carry food, silverware, or linen on trays or use carts to carry trays.
- Determine where patients or patrons would like to eat their meals and help them get situated.