Screen patients to determine level of nutritional risk by reviewing the diet order, data sheet, weight, BMI, reason for visit.
- Assesses patients' nutritional status based on clinical data including detailed nutritional history, and medical history, as well as laboratory data, and medications.
- Develops nutrition care plans, based on nutritional assessment and data from multidisciplinary rounds, for oral, enteral and parenteral regimens in conjunction with the care team. Designs specialized enteral and parenteral solutions with modified macro and micronutrients in order to provide optimal nutritional support for the patient's age, weight and medical condition.
- Monitors patient's response to care plan by reviewing and monitoring laboratory data, I&O sheet & medical record, nutrient intake record
- Educates patients and families regarding modified diets or other feeding modalities to meet the individual nutritional needs of the patient and documents patient/family education in the medical record.
- Provides nutritional consultations to medical and nursing staff.
- Communicates nutrition information to the Food Service Department: to ensure optimal delivery of medical nutrition therapy.