Customer Service Team Lead
Lead a team of six customer service representatives in responding to calls from retail and wholesale clients of a distributor of consumer kitchenware. Support staff in providing clients with information on product availability and prices for 3,000+ SKUs. Guide team in researching and resolving invoicing, claims, and chargeback issues. Instrumental in hiring, onboarding, developing, and monitoring staff.
- Initiated a cross-training program, which improved utilization of human resources, reduced client response time, and enhanced the quality of client services. Championed the concept of creating an operations manual for department. Due to outstanding results of cross-training and operations manual, both projects were adopted for implementation across all departments.
- Created a twice daily customer service back log report, which allows for improved prioritization and more even distribution of workload in department while reducing downtime at warehouses.
- Increased accuracy of complex, larger orders through introducing a proofing process. Instituted mechanisms to monitor errors, providing an increased ability to identify and address error trends.
- Boosted department morale through recognizing the accomplishments of staff. Launched an annual customer service week celebration. Elevated the visibility of the department throughout the company, gaining increased recognition for the critical role of customer service.
- Manage 100+ key accounts, including TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and Wayfair, among other top retailers. Coordinate export of merchandise to accounts in the UK and Germany and the direct import of goods from China to major accounts. Expedite shipments with freight forwarders and customs brokers. Prepare import and export documentation. Manage the EDI portal for Canada.
- Consistently volunteer to assume additional responsibilities, taking on the more challenging accounts, supporting new managers in developing insight into department operations, and leading community service efforts, such as the company Toys for Tots Drive.