Help Desk Coordinator
Deliver Information Technology services as a first-level support technician in software, hardware and server applications to serve 3,300 users within the department. Collaborate on a 12-person team and complete duties on the night shift with two other team members. Provide training to new staff as necessary to ensure comprehension of duties.
- Assist staff in patrol vehicles and internal facilities, including jails, the courthouse and 10 administrative offices.
- Manage UNIX mainframe operations to ensure all jobs are properly backed up and stored, physically switching out storage tapes after backup and transporting each to an offsite location to maintain security.
- Establish work orders using LANDesk for end users, routing orders to appropriate departments to streamline support, and perform Tier I troubleshooting, resetting network passwords and forwarding complex issues to PC LANDesk technicians, contacting on-call staff during the night shift for critical issues that cannot wait.
- Troubleshoot and replace Lexmark 2500 series and HP LaserJet printers onsite and through remote instructions.
- Support deputy sheriffs in the field with passwords and lockouts, resetting RSA tokens on laptops.
- Provide assistance for high-level security service applications for staff and field law enforcement teams.
- Utilize LANDesk Management Suite and Microsoft Terminal Services (MSTSC) to remotely manage desktop and laptop systems on a daily basis, ensuring comprehension of functionality by team members and providing support.