Vice President of Operations
Responsible for safety, environmental, quality, cost, reliability, engineering, purchasing, materials planning and inventory management for a 600+ employee, manufacturing and distribution operation consisting of one manufacturing plant and five mounting facilities.
- Member of executive team that developed the five-year strategic plan and presented plan to Board.
- Created annual operating and capital expenditure budgets and managed performance to budget.
- Led the organization to ramp up capacity to support an 18% growth in demand fueled by new products, improved quality and on-time delivery performance.
- Led the design of a partial plant re-layout to consolidate and enhance operations projected to save over $1MM annually in utility, paint and labor cost.
- Led the implementation of a quality improvement initiative to track and improve first pass yield from 50% to consistently ranging between 80% and 95%, across all operations.
- Led the implementation of visual management, including team boards and day-by-hour boards to drive improvements in throughput between 15% and 35%.