Optometrist Cover Letter
Optometrists examine and test patients’ eyes and fit spectacles and contact lenses. These professionals are also trained to diagnose multiple eye conditions and will refer patients to medical practitioners when needed. Specific responsibilities of an Optometrist include getting patient case histories, prescribing spectacles and contact lenses, examining patients’ eyes, writing referral letters to physicians, collaborating with medical practitioners, and managing retail aspects of the office.
Employers select candidates who can demonstrate the following skills and qualifications throughout their cover letters:
- Clinical skills
- Good professional judgment and decision-making
- Knowing how to use and maintain complex equipment
- Organization and planning
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Customer service orientation
- Being able to explain complex situations in an accessible manner
- Patience to complete repetitive tasks
Below is displayed a sample cover letter for Optometrist showcasing comparable job assets.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Optometrist Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Ms. Mullins:
Upon discovering your posting for an experienced and personable Optometrist to join your team at 20/20 Vision Clinic, I felt compelled to submit my resume outlining my experience and credentials for your consideration. With more than 20 years of experience performing regular vision tests as well as diagnosing eye and vision problems, I feel confident that I would significantly benefit your clinic in this role.
My background spans excellent experience in the optometry field and includes professional experience in a full range of optometric functions, including disease management, pre-op and post-op patient care, and overall ocular health. With my demonstrated ability to ensure a superior level of patient care and service, my additional strengths in scheduling, record keeping, and patient education position me to make a substantial impact in this capacity.
Highlights of my background include:
- Performing comprehensive patient examinations to diagnose ocular concerns, test patients’ depth and color perception, and assess patients’ ability to coordinate and focus their eyesight.
- Supporting and caring for patients before and after various procedures including Lasik, cataracts, corneal, glaucoma, and retinal surgeries.
- Reviewing and discussing patient medications and their potential adverse effects on ocular health.
- Recognition as a subject matter expert in ocular diseases such as glaucoma, retina, cornea, and oculoplastics.
- Increasing patient base by 175% in my previous 17-year role as an Optometrist with Clearway Vision on Long Island; maintained a rate of 8-12 referral patients each month from local physicians due to my reputation as an outstanding care provider.
- Superior team collaboration, interpersonal, and relationship building / management skills.
With in-depth experience and education in optometry, coupled with my vast background in ensuring top-notch patient care and service, I believe I could quickly surpass your expectations for this position. I look forward to discussing this opportunity in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Dr. Marilyn. J. Taylor