Mental Health Technician Cover Letter
Mental Health Technicians provide assistance to patients diagnosed with mental health conditions. These employees usually work under the supervision of psychiatrists or mental health nurses and complete the following duties: admitting and discharging patients, administering medication, monitoring vital signs, organizing recreational activities, assisting patients in distress, restraining patients who are physically violent, and helping with daily chores such as bathing and dressing.
A well-written cover letter sample for Mental Health Technician should mention the following skills and qualifications:
- Medical teamwork
- Being able to handle demanding situations
- Physical fitness and the ability to restrain violent patients
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Emotional stability
- Flexibility and availability for work in shifts
Beneath is displayed an example cover letter for Mental Health Technician demonstrating similar abilities and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Mental Health Technician Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Farish:
When I learned of your search for an experienced Mental Health Technician, I was eager to submit my resume for your review. My 11+ years of experience caring for mentally ill patients within both residences and healthcare facilities gives me confidence in my ability to significantly benefit your team in this capacity.
My background encompasses a range of tasks providing support to patients with behavioral problems and/or those who are mentally ill. From observing patient conditions and helping with personal care to restraining violent individuals when necessary and admitting/discharging patients, my ability to quickly connect with individuals and establish trusting relationships—along with my strong communication and organization talents—is sure to enable me to excel in this position.
Some highlights of my qualifications include…
- Providing vital support in a 140-bed private psychiatric hospital providing mental health care and services to adult patients ranging from geriatrics to returning veterans.
- Working under the direction of nursing and medical staff to assist patients in becoming accustomed to new routines and participating in social activities to promote rehabilitation.
- Observing patients’ behavior and establishing boundaries on inappropriate actions, restraining them if necessary and preventing injury to themselves or others.
- Tracking patients’ vital signs and supporting them with a full range of day-to-day activities.
- Evaluating patients’ safety and communicating status updates and progress to licensed health professionals.
- Utilizing superior communication and interpersonal abilities to provide solutions and support in difficult and high-stress situations.
With my strong experience in mental health support coupled with my dedication to providing critical assistance to mentally ill patients in need, I believe I could swiftly exceed your expectations for this role. The opportunity to discuss this opportunity in more detail would be welcome.
Thank you for your consideration.
Sharon G. Gardner