Mental Health Specialist II
Served as a Mental Health Specialist II, providing care primarily for individuals with thought disorders. Position includes maintaining a safe therapeutic environment for patients, closely evaluating patients for psychiatric crises, facilitating the development and utilization of coping skills, and leading psychoeducational groups.
- Co-Lead on Unit board for one year
- Helped develop a prototype acuity scale to be implemented on the different units
- Developed a broad knowledge of research based psychoeducational groups.
- Demonstrated the ability to competently manage psychiatric emergencies in a calm, competent manner.
- Completed training in team building, management of assaultive behaviors and de-escalation techniques.
- Developed a strong knowledge base of psychiatric disorders and best practice treatments.