Mental Health Therapist Cover Letter
Mental Health Therapists provide emotional support and counseling to various patient types ranging from individuals to families to other groups. Equipped with licensure to practice as well as a strong educational background in psychology, these professionals maintain a caseload of patients and perform associated duties such as assessment, record keeping, and referrals as needed.
Our collection of resume samples for Mental Health Therapists reveals the following abilities and qualifications to be important to mention:
- Condition evaluation
- Intake interviews
- Progress monitoring
- Treatment planning/diagnosis
- Active listening and empathy
- Client records management
- Relationship building and management
- Caseload management
- Termination summaries
Below, find a sample cover letter for a Mental Health Therapist with similar skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Mental Health Therapist Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Dr. Harris:
When I learned of your need for a Mental Health Therapist to join your team at Riverdale Counseling, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. With more than 13 years of experience providing crucial support to patients suffering from mental disorders and/or emotional distress, I have confidence in my ability to significantly benefit your practice.
From leading one-on-one informational sessions and taking meticulous client notes to monitoring individuals’ progress and seeking to help them meet their unique goals, my background and experience has prepared me to excel in this role. My ability to quickly connect with patients and establish trusting relationships, along with my strong communication skills and my empathic nature, will allow me to make a positive and lasting contribution to Riverdale Counseling’s vision.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Thriving as a Mental Health Practitioner with Crenshaw & Associates since 2003, maintaining a caseload of approximately 14 weekly clients while providing comprehensive individual, group, and family counseling support.
- Identifying client needs and determining targeted therapeutic solutions and plans to achieve objectives and encourage improved quality of life.
- Recommending and providing referrals for ancillary services and support when necessary, leveraging an extensive relationship network with psychiatrists, primary care physicians, and other medical professionals.
- Facilitating and leading various programs and classes focused on topics such as parenting, anger management, and substance abuse.
- Maintaining detailed clinical records on treatment plans, client progress, and termination summaries while ensuring compliance with practice standards.
- Utilizing superior organizational and interpersonal abilities to provide optimal solutions and support in difficult and stressful situations.
- Holding a Master’s degree in Counseling and a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from the University of Vermont.
With my previous experience and education, complemented by my dedication to providing critical assistance to clients in need, I believe I could swiftly surpass your expectations as your newest Mental Health Therapist. The opportunity to discuss this opportunity in more detail would be most appreciated.
Thank you for your consideration.
Danielle L. Boggs