Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Diagnosis, prescribe, and treat chronic and persistent mental illnesses. Common diagnoses included: Schizophrenia, Depression, Bipolar Disorders, PTSD, General Anxiety Disorders, Mood Disorders, Personality Disorders, and Substance Use Disorders.
- Provide symptom and behavioral management, development, and enhancement of adaptive behaviors and skills
- Counseled patients regarding prescribed therapeutic regimens, emotional problems of daily living, and health maintenance
- Develop and implement patient management plans, record progress notes, and assist in provisions of continuity of care
- Collaborate with the interdisciplinary team to formulate, evaluate and, revise treatment plans
- Completed referrals/consults to other services with recommendations as appropriate
- Communicate effectively with medical director, management, and staff. Followed policies/procedures and Best Practices