Medical Technologist Cover Letter
Medical Technologists are employed by independent laboratories or hospitals and are responsible for testing blood and other samples collected from patients. A Medical Technologist needs to be able to use complex equipment and produce accurate test results. Typical work activities of a Medical Technologist include: operating and maintaining equipment, examining samples under the microscope, preparing cultures, generating lab reports, and sending test results to physicians.
A cover letter sample for Medical Technologist should emphasize skills and abilities such as:
- Knowledge of chemistry techniques
- Clinical lab testing skills
- Medical technologies familiarity
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Organization and time management
- Good eye-hand coordination
- Knowledge of health and safety standards
- Computer competences
- Effective communication
The cover letter sample beneath showcases comparable Medical Technologist qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Medical Technologist Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Wright:
Upon review of your posting for a Medical Technologist, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. As a skilled and dedicated professional with more than seven years of experience conducting medical testing, performing quality control, and overseeing lab operations, I am confident that I could make a significant contribution to your organization.
Preparing and testing specimens, analyzing complex blood and bodily fluid tests, and completing scheduled assignments define my career accomplishments. My comprehensive expertise in a wide variety of testing procedures and equipment positions me ready to vitally impact laboratory management and performance at (Company Name).
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Successfully performing both basic and complex testing in urinalysis, hematology, chemistry, microbiology, histology, immunohematology, and serology to acquire data to use in diagnosing and treating diseases.
- Overseeing day-to-day functioning for a healthy operating lab, including staff training, supply orders, and cross-departmental communication for superior patient care and laboratory success.
- Possessing a Bachelor’s degree in Medical Lab Technology; licensed Medical Technologist.
With my acute knowledge of medical laboratory operations and my expertise in performing quality control procedures, I am ready to extend my record of success with your organization. I look forward to discussing the position, and my qualifications, with you further.
Thank you for your consideration.
Carrie J. Jones