Medical Support Assistant Cover Letter
Medical Support Assistants contribute to the smooth running of daily operations in a medical facility. Typical job duties of a Medical Support Assistant include greeting patients, taking phone calls, maintaining agendas, scheduling appointments, overseeing billing procedures, collecting patient information, providing emotional support to patients, ordering office supplies, handling insurance forms, informing physicians on the urgency of admitting a patient, and completing other tasks as assigned by medical staff.
Employers select cover letters showcasing the following skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Emergency prioritization
- Medical teamwork
- Attention to details
- Customer service abilities
- Effective communication and people skills
- Computer literacy
- Problem-solving abilities
- Being able to follow instructions and to work without supervision
- A positive attitude
Just beneath is displayed a cover letter sample for Medical Support Assistant demonstrating similar job experience and requirements.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Medical Support Assistant Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Hodges:
As an experienced administrative professional, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume in response to your posting. With a strong knowledge base in medical office operations and patient service, I am prepared to excel as your next Medical Support Assistant.
Through success in coordinating medical charts, scheduling, and coding and billing functions—as well as providing outstanding overall administrative support—I am well versed in the nuances of the healthcare industry. From updating patient records and controlling patient accounts to answering phone calls and handling correspondence, I adeptly manage a high volume of administrative tasks daily while simultaneously delivering excellent patient service.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Experience preparing documents, managing patient files, scheduling appointments, organizing medical charts and materials, and maintaining medical records while ensuring a first-rate level of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Communicating effectively with physicians, nurses, medical assistants, and senior management to facilitate highly efficient and productive medical office operations.
- Extensive secretarial / administrative background with strong abilities in full range of support tasks such as phone coverage, filing, and database management.
- Completing a rigorous Medical Assistant Training program in 2011.
Furthermore, my detail-oriented nature and my ability to effectively collaborate with other team members offer additional skills essential to this position. I believe I would be a great asset to your team and look forward to hearing from you to discuss how I may contribute to your goals. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Elizabeth L. Cabana