Medical Secretary Cover Letter
Medical Secretaries provide administrative support to medical staff and greet patients. Essential responsibilities of a Medical Secretary include: processing email, taking phone calls, labeling medical samples, writing reports, scheduling appointments, maintaining physician calendars, transcribing dictations, maintaining filing systems, updating patient records, keeping patient information confidential, and improving their job knowledge by taking part in educational opportunities.
Employers select cover letters highlighting the following competences and qualifications:
- Telephone etiquette
- Computer literacy and typing
- Time management and multitasking
- Deadline orientation
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Reporting skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Tact and diplomacy
Those interested in a Medical Secretary career can check relevant skills in the example cover letter displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Medical Secretary Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Marshall:
As an experienced professional with more than seven years of experience providing overarching administrative support in medical offices, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume in response to your posting. With a broad knowledge base in medical insurance, billing, and front desk reception, I am prepared to excel as your next Medical Secretary.
Through success in coordinating and assessing medical claims, services, and payments—as well as scheduling client appointments and registering incoming patients—I am well versed in the nuances of the medical industry. I adeptly manage a high volume of daily administrative tasks while simultaneously delivering outstanding customer service.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Performing a diverse array of administrative functions to keep fast-paced medical offices running smoothly and efficiently.
- Expertise in facilitating treatment and equipment referrals for Medicare and Medicaid patients to streamline processes, resulting in greater customer satisfaction.
- Ability to manage patient information and medical records while ensuring adherence to strict regulatory mandates such as HIPAA.
- Comprehensive knowledge in a variety of healthcare computer programs and documentation, including Microsoft Office; IDX; UB-92 & HCFA 1500; CIRS; Encoder Pro; and High Tech.
Furthermore, my detail-oriented nature and ability to effectively collaborate with other team members and physicians offer additional skills essential to this position. I believe I would be a great asset to your team and look forward to hearing from you to discuss how I may contribute to your goals. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Helen G. Martinez