Medical Scribe Cover Letter
Medical Scribes provide assistance to physicians by performing recordkeeping duties. Their work is needed in order for the medical staff to deliver a high standard of patient care. A resume example for Medical Scribe should mention the following duties: recording consultations, tracking lab and X-ray results, documenting patient history, checking medical records, presenting important lab tests to physicians, and writing the patient’s discharge plan.
A cover letter sample for Medical Scribe usually mentions the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Good communication and listening skills
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Computer competences
- Multitasking and prioritization
- The ability to follow instructions
- The ability to write and type fast
Those interested in a Medical Scribe career can check comparable abilities and skills in the cover letter example displayed beneath.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Medical Scribe Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Ms. Hatten:
As an enthusiastic and committed individual currently pursuing a graduate medical degree at Cornell University, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume in response to your posting for a Medical Scribe. My undergraduate degree in biology as well as the experience I have gained during my first two years in medical school positions me to substantially assist your physician team in meeting its healthcare goals.
With my strong interpersonal and analytical skills—along with my dedication to enhancing patient satisfaction—I am prepared to excel in tasks such as gathering patient information, tracking lab and X-ray results, recording patient consultations, and communicating effectively with administrative staff. Additionally, I possess a breadth of knowledge in complex medical terminology, which is sure to render me an immediate asset to your team.
Highlights of my qualifications include the following:
- A comprehensive knowledge of medical conditions and services in order to interpret lab tests and assist in delivering medication and treatment guidelines to patients.
- Able to communicate efficiently between doctors, pharmacists, and laboratory staff to ensure appropriate and necessary patient treatments.
- Capable of interacting clearly and personably with patients to accurately compile information and ensure continuity of care.
- An unwavering commitment to advancing overall patient/client health.
With my commitment to supporting care and treatment for a variety of patient types, I am confident in my ability to significantly contribute to your practice. I am eager to acquire a deeper understanding of the day-to-day workings of the medical field in my pursuit of my doctoral degree, and I am certain that my innate sense of advanced responsibility and flexibility will ensure my capacity as a key member of your office’s team.
An opportunity to discuss your needs and my qualifications in more detail would be most welcome; thank you for your consideration.
Janice J. Miller