Medical Coder Cover Letter
Medical Coders work in the medical industry creating coding for claims reimbursements when dealing with insurance billing. It is their responsibility to ensure correct coding to obtain reimbursement from insurance companies and government healthcare programs. Often, completion of a certificate or associate’s degree program in medical coding is required.
Common Medical Coder skills are as follows:
- Minimum 5 years’ medical coding experience
- Certification preferred before hiring date
- Superior typing and 10-key speed and accuracy
- Mathematical skills
- Customer service skills
- Experience with ICD-9 codes and procedures
- Working knowledge of medical jargon and anatomy preferred
Use the sample Medical Coder cover letter below as a guide as you craft your own cover letter.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Medical Coder Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Hart
In response to an advertisement published in one of the leading online job portals, I would like to propose my candidature for the position of a Medical Coder in your renowned organization. I have always aspired to work in an esteemed hospital like yours. I have been working as a Medical Coder in the Lillywood Family Nursing Home for last 13 months.
Through my work experience, I have deepened my knowledge and capabilities in categorizing hundreds of claims, organized a number of insurance forms and systematize the billing process. My experience also includes almost all types of coding that includes outpatient coding, indoor patient coding, physician coding and also facility coding. Familiarity with medicinal terminology has aided me in carrying out my duties successfully. I have been successful in my responsibilities as I pay great attention to detail and am an effective communicator.
Some of my achievements accomplished thus far in my career are outlined below:
- Revamped the existing insurance reimbursement system with three new modules, which improved the system’s effectiveness by 50%.
- Implemented an automatic assignation system that dynamically allocated codes to diagnosis and procedures thereby saving admin time.
- Reduced backlog by processing 584 insurance claims successfully within 7 hours.
I am quite confident about my job application as I believe that my educational and professional experience makes me a worthy and valuable candidate for this position. I have enclosed my updated resume for your perusal. I would be grateful if you would arrange for an interview after reviewing my application to discuss it in further detail.